Monday a wifi stumble returned some surprisingly decent numbers, initially my idea was to have a mast up by Tuesday. I repaired my hammer drill and got to constructing. This effort resulted in a total of half a hole drilled once I’d gotten up to the roof.

I’ve been looking at the lovely new Makita hammer drill I bought and feeling a bit guilty. Oh well I bought it now, lets hope Makita doesn’t pull any planned obsolescence schemes on the batteries any time soon.

It’s now Thursday, I was able to run a cable to my LAN and stumble a connection. Initially I was getting signal around 80dBm, I went to google earth so I knew at least which direction to aim and zing we’re online!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *